Re: tcl/tk 8.5.8 update for F13?

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Kyle VanderBeek <kylev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3815
>
> It looks to me like the core problem is the tcl Provides line that defines the tcl(abi) to be the exact same as the full version.  Given that the name of the lib is libtcl8.5, the ABI designator probably should include the the patch level (.7 or .8).

Wow, I think I got that totally wrong.  The ABI designator is correct,
but the Requires on tk is likely too restrictive:

  Requires: tcl = %{epoch}:%{version}

That's what was causing my build to break.  With the tcl override in
place and tk not built, that will happen every time.  It'd be nice if
these were a little less tightly coupled.

--
kylev@xxxxxxxxx
 Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.