Re: A quick question...

I am using pygtk and the rhpl stuff I have read through the devel guidelines on fedora.redhat.com

I will talk to the K12LTSP community as well, thanks for the contact info :)
Tom

Christensen Tom wrote:
I started devel work on a DHCP configuration tool (as the configuration site at fedora said there isn't one) I was wondering if I'm duplicating work? Is another tool in the pipe somewhere? Should I jump on with those people? I have quite a bit of DHCP experience and coding experience, I manage a large enterprise network using DHCP, and some pretty advanced stuff like Option 82, and I've written alot of scripts to auto config my system for me, if no one else is working on this, I should have a very alpha configurator by the end of this week if anyone else is interested.
Thanks,
Tom

You mean dhcpd server right? As long as you are working on this, please consider the following:

* Perhaps use the "rhpl" and pygtk stuff shared among the redhat-config-* and system-config-* tools. I have not personally looked at it yet, but they seem to share that package for common functions (?)
* Common RH/Fedora configuration options like used for tftp/PXE boot (installer) and tftp/PXE/etherboot (K12LTSP). I would encourage you to talk to Eric Harrison and the K12LTSP community on the K12OSN list.

K12OSN list (Fedora for Educators and K12LTSP)

That's all I can think from the top of my head for now.

Warren