Re: Quake3 security issue and non-responsive maintainer: Xavier Lamien

2010/5/11 Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/quake3

Quake 3 engine needs to be updated.  The current version has security
issues and breaks multiplayer in a couple of Quake3 based games such as
OpenArena.  The maintainer has not responded in bugzilla since March and
has not responded to private email either.  I would like to invoke the
fast track process.   Meanwhile, I will be much obliged if someone
updates Quake 3 to the latest version available and push out updates for
Fedora 13 and 12.

Rahul

It seems a lot of trivial packages in fedora are unmaintained for a long time, even those maintainers may still be active in fedora community.  Maybe setting up an automatic orphan policy combining with a package QA page is necessary now.

Chen Lei