Re: Thoughts on using Lernid in Fedora meetings classroom sessions.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 04:57:48PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> The only real question I have is what should the Fedora event url be
> and who should ultimately be responsible for filling it with events?
> I've no problem shoving the event url into my fedora project disk
> space for now and managing event requests. In fact that's probably
> what I'm going to do for initial package review.  But it really feels
> like something that we could tie into infrastructure and have be a
> self servicing sort of thing for contributors to register events
with.

Submit an RFR ticket with fedora-infrastructure
(https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure).  We already manage
the releases.txt file used by preupgrade there - this would be similar
in spirit.  At a glance I would expect it could be managed in the
fedora-web git repo on fedorahosted, so it appears at
fedoraproject.org/static/{something}.  Edits to this would be
restricted to people who can edit fedora-web though.

Another option would be to put it on another vhost, say
lernid.fedoraproject.org, and another group to manage just content on
that server, so as to not muck with the top-level.

A third option would be to create a web app to manage a true
self-service portal.  Our track record with web apps lately though is
spotty - they can be quite a bit of work, and not something to start
without some dedication by someone not on the already busy FI team...

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch