Re: devkit-power-daemon broken?

On 14 April 2010 19:02, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> AFAIK none of these are generic bugs. Handling AC plug/unplug is
> actually not as simple as it seems, and can vary from device to device
> (or, rather, ACPI implementation to ACPI implementation). So this is to
> a degree system-specific.

It's totally system specific. I'm clearing bugs (and adding
workarounds) as fast as I can, but if you really want a bug fixed
"ASAP" you've essentially got two options:

* Pay someone for a support contract to diagnose and fix the bug (if
you pay Red Hat, I'll probably be me) -- this means it jumps my TODO
list by an order of magnitude.
* Find the bug and write a tiny patch to fix it, and send it to me

I've only got 24 hours in a day, just like everybody else.

Richard.