Re: Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

On 03/29/2010 01:38 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> I had similar issues already and I totally agree with Christoph!
Me too.

Except that I would not want to restrict this complaint to Fedora KDE.

There are many other maintainers who apply a similar strategy and
therefore deserve the same amount of flaming.

> The maintainer should not redirect the bugreporter to the upstream bugreporting plattform. I already have plenty of accounts on upstream bugzillas because of exactly this...
This still would require
a) "reporter" to be interested in getting involved upstream
b) "reporter" to be "technically able" to get involved upstream.

In many cases, one or both considerations do not apply.

Ralf