Re: Worthless updates

Till Maas wrote:
> As far as I understood, there is no need to backport security fixes. One
> could just copy the package with the security fix with all needed
> dependencies to the stable repo imho.

I think people are going to visit me at home and do really scary things to
me if I push a "security update" upgrading KDE from, say, 4.2.x to some
4.4.x to the conservative update stream. ;-) At least for some packages, the
only way to maintain the conservative stream would be backporting, otherwise
it doesn't make sense to have a conservative stream at all.

        Kevin Kofler