Re: Generating rpm spec from autoconf/automake packages for Fedora-example of spec

Didier Casse wrote:

Here's an example of my spec attached. But the last part was guessed by
observing the "make install" process. What if I do not want to observe
it? Is there an automated way of knowing which directories it's going to
be installed and what files would be present.

Is there some ready-made perl scripts that can grab such informartion and
modify my spec files?

What I do when I'm trying to figure out what files a package puts where is use tripwire. I take a tripwire snapshot, then install everything, and then do another tripwire snapshot. It will show you every single file that the installer put down.

Normally I don't have to resort to that -- most of the time, I can inspect the makefile and the buildroot, etc, but once in a while it's necessary. It's also a great trick for dealing with "binary only" installers for repacking commercial software.

HTH

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator