Re: Radeon SurroundView support?

On 17/02/10 07:59 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 18:40 -0700, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering about state of Radeon SurroundView support in Fedora. I tried to get it working couple of months ago with 4670 + IGP 790GX and even got the X server start with 3 displays but neither Gnome nor KDE window manager knew how to handle it properly. Basically, no window could have been moved to the third display so apart of displaying blue background the third screen was kinda useless.

In addition, mouse pointer transitions between second and third display were curious to say the least. The cursor moved nicely from first to second to third display but when going back it showed up on the first screen...

I got to that point setting up hand crafted xorg.conf. Is there any work or testing being done on supporting multi-monitor setups (as in: more than 2 screens)? Perhaps I have gotten something wrong?

the 3rd screen is probably a second X screen which means you would need
to send windows to DISPLAY=:0.1

Interesting. I will see if I can try it in the next few days.
I attached gzipped xorg.conf I used, if that is of any interest. It's not the prettiest config since I cannibalized one that I found lying around ;-)

By the way, F12 displayed bunch of kernel [drm] messages (only!) on the third screen during boot process (no failures, just regular messages). I can provide photo of the messages on request.

I'm surprised gnome/kde don't start up a panel etc on it.

I'll try with latest F13 build and see what I get this time.

The geometry fixing is in progress so the mouse does the right thing at
least I think ajax's work might fix it.

Good to hear! Thanks for your work on radeon driver, guys! It's getting better and better :-)

Dariusz