Re: Heads up: X server configuration changes

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:38:37AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > evdev and synaptics are updated, so those two are converted. I know fpit
> > has an fdi file and there's some exceptions in x11-input.fdi that need to
> > be added too. I need to do this tomorrow unless you want to beat me to it
> > :)
>
> It's funny how short-lived the "no default xorg.conf" idea was, now we get
> default xorg.conf.d snippets. :-)

yep. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

note that we (well, Dan, mostly) put some effort into having the new
InputClass section work with this approach and it works distinctively
different to the old InputDevice section. So the snippets aren't quite the
same as the old xorg.conf, it's more hal's fdi files in xorg.conf syntax.

Cheers,
  Peter