New merge review tickets being opened

Some Red Hat employees are opening new merge review tickets for packages
which were in extras long before the big core-extras merge.  It looks
like all of these packages are so old that the reviews predate the use
of Red Hat's bugzilla for the purpose, and so those reviews were either
done on the old mailing list or in the old fedora.us bugzilla (which I
believe has been lost).

No Fedora policy requires that these packages be re-reviewed.  The
evidence seems to point to some Red Hat policy requiring review tickets
for these packages, although I can't seem to get a proper answer from
someone who actually knows.  Given that the reviewers are currently
overburdened and are barely able to keep up with existing submissions,
plus the fact that we still have a few hundred of the original merge
review tickets still open, I don't think that adding more to the pile is
going to be remotely helpful.  If there's a Red Hat policy which
requires this, then Red Hat should be taking care of this instead of
leaving it to the overburdened Fedora community.  The fact that there's
been no communication about it only adds insult to injury.

I propose that the 'Product' on these tickets be changed to something
other than 'Fedora' so that they don't appear to be part of any Fedora
process.  I'm happy to do that if someone can tell me which component to
use.

Note that I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea that old packages be
revisited at some point, but we just don't have the manpower to do that
right now.

 - J<