Re: Orphaning xerces-c

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Seems that things are getting even worse. I found the only way to
> completely resign from the maintainership of xerces-c - by pressing
> the "Retire Package" button. And now the package has "Deprecated"
> status and no other buttons are active.

"Retire package" is for when you want to completely remove a package from
the distribution, it was the "big red button" you were not supposed to hit.
Now only a cvsadmin can fix your mess. But you'd have needed an admin anyway
to reassign ownership directly and thus bypass this "automatically reassign
to the comaintainer" "feature".

        Kevin Kofler