Re: ABRT useful for this user

On 01/18/2010 11:02 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:59:27PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks to the guys who integrated ABRT into F12.
It has rough edges and I know it needs improvement, but I have filed
more 'bugs' than in many past releases where instead I just let things
slide. Most of the items I have run into have been fixed and I have
tried to help the engineers who have asked for info.

Thankyou.

I don't think anyone, including the guys working on ABRT, would claim
it's perfect.  *Except* in that it's 100% better than what we had
before. ;-)

I'm in the same boat as Smooge; ABRT is a huge time saver for me for
filing bugs, which means I can contribute more, even when filing bugs
is really outside my daily work.  That tells me it's a significant
step down the right path.  I know the developers are grateful for
constructive input and want to improve ABRT.  Thanks to *everyone* for
being a part of that process.

Thanks guys, it's nice to hear that :) We already have some ideas how to improve the "ABRT experience" even for developers, so hopefully at the end everyone will be happy :)

Have a nice day,
Jiri Moskovcak
begin:vcard
fn:Jiri Moskovcak