Re: autofs not installed by default

Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Since your environment is running a setup that's different than 95% of
> the end user environments, it might be more prudent to use a kickstart
> file with your installs. This will guarantee that autofs is present on
> every machine from the beginning. Depending on your environment, there
> are a number of different ways you can deliver your kickstart to your
> machines at install time.

I've never actually used kickstart.  I wonder if anyone would offer an
opinion on how easy it is to learn/use?  The only real use that I would
have for it is that I have a couple of machines that I install each new
Fedora release on.  Currently I have a manual checklist I go through
("make sure autofs is installed" is one of the items).  I find that the
checklist tends to change a bit with each Fedora release, so I'm
wondering just how useful it would be to try to automate it.  Comments?

			regards, tom lane