Re: packages requiring me to reboot...

Otto Haliburton wrote:
Windows now
restarts each time a patch occurs, at the current time I can't think of any
patch in the last 3 months which hasn't required a reboot. Another reason is
that some of the windows operating systems are coming to their end of life
cycle, and windows is choosing to do a lot of patches in one update, but
believe me, it is startling to come in the next morning to see your computer
restarted with a message that a update was performed and you were restarted
and that occurs with all of the windows operating systems that are currently
supported.
Please be consistent. Windows also doesn't *have* to auto restart. My systems are set to manual update of predownloaded files. Besides, since my systems are dual (or more) boot, they wouldn't auto reboot into the running version of windows. Would be very annoying.