Re: dist-git proof of concept phase 1 complete

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 11:24 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:21:19 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > In my effort to create a proof of concept for using git to manage our
> > package source control, I have completed what I am calling phase one,
> > that is taking our current dist-cvs and converting it into git format.
>
> That's just the naked content converted into git, right? All the scripts/
> Makefiles in it still assume that CVS is used and thus do not do much?

That is correct.  This is just phase 1, getting the CVS content into git
format.  As Hans replied, the Makefiles will be going away, and fpkg
will be written to take over that job.  I hope to have a framework for
fpkg up in the next few days to allow people to start hacking on it with
me.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!