Re: MariaDB and Fedora

On 12/10/2009 09:01 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:38:10 -0200
Henrique Junior<henriquecsj@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I agree that postgresql is great, but MariaDB is expanding very fast.
I'm not the best person to opine about databases, my experience is very
limited, but it would be nice to keep an eye on MariaDB.

Well, duh. Who's going to maintain it though? There must be a warm body.

I for one care much more about Drizzle than about MariaDB. From what I can tell MariaDB is basically just a new storage engine inside the old crufty MySQL shell whereas Drizzle is a (much needed) overhaul of the whole thing. Much more interesting for future projects if you ask me.

Regards,
  Dennis