Re: Fedora 12 Extremely Unstable

I reinstalled Fedora, and also checked the cd I installed from to see if that would fix the problem.  I believe the issues I had previously may have been caused by putting /home on its own lvm, which I did not do when I reinstalled.  I wanted to do this so I could install future releases without having to erase the home folder.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time continue to reinstall Fedora over and over to confirm that putting /home on its own lvm is the source of the issue, but maybe someone else can replicate this?

Before reinstalling, the programs that crashed when I tried to edit their preferences were all of the ones I tried: Thunderbird, Empathy, and Mozilla.  The automatic bug reporting tool crashed the system when trying to report some of the bugs too.

The system was fully update when I was experiencing the crashes.

Reinstalling solved all of my problems except one.  Keyboard shortcuts are still not saved.  However, this issue is trivial compared to the frequent crashes I was experiencing before.

Brad.