Re: [RFC] unified i386/x86_64 install media.

On 11/24/2009 09:50 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
I was thinking and thought id get an idea out there.

rather than ship 2 dvds one for i386 and one for x86_64  we would ship one dvd
that has the package set for both arches.  they would likely only have the
packages for a desktop install on them we would need to have both arches under
2.4GiB, you could choose your own adventure by enabling the everything repo.

this way you could carry a usb key or dvd that you can plug into any intel
based machine and be sure of having it installable. this would end the
discussions of what arch to promote we have a single install media.

Instead of this I would pretty much like to have the normal install DVD being full (>4GB, instead of 3.0-3.3GB as now), so when installing a computer I have more content on local media and less stuff to get from online sources, resulting in a shorter time until the computer is fully usable.