Re: Local users get to play root?

On 11/18/2009 05:51 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 11/19/2009 04:19 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
2009/11/18 Seth Vidal<skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Richard,
  to be fair, when I asked you how to edit a .pkla file you couldn't tell me.
So, if our engineers don't know the basics, how should our users?

Fair comment. Release notes additions might be good in this regard.

It should have been announced and documented with the rationale for the
change *before* the release. Just pretending that everyone should know
about how PolicyKit works when documentation is just lacking doesn't cut
it. You didn't even respond to by bugzilla comment and just closed the

Agreed 100.1%.

bug. We will still do a post-release update for the release notes now
but that's scrambling to minimize damage.

The only thing that will fix the damage is to update PK, reverting the default-insecure policy.

May I remind folks that it is easy to UPGRADE INTO INSECURITY here. Admins with servers, coming from F10/F11, can very easily fall into this trap simply by updating their current systems.

	Jeff