Re: i686 build of Fedora Core

Alan Cox wrote:

90% of the optimisation work is scheduling instructions - picking which one
to use and how to lay them out. [...]
(AMD re-orders so much that it doesnt seem to matter what its fed)

You've tested this thoroughly and I already think that you are probably right.

But just to have some more numbers to talk about, I'll try compiling with only the sched optimizations, and with sched and instruction optimizations some interesting packages.

When I've found out the results, I'll post here some results so this thread will never ever be opened again.

Fedora was already my preferred distro, now I that I've heard some devels I understand why it is so good :)

Regards,
Angelo