Re: Howto handle multilib conflict?

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 16:41 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

It's not to be considered a bug, AFAIK. We don't stipulate that
development packages be installable side-by-side in this way, we only
stipulate that for library packages where there's a need for it. There's
no particular use case where you absolutely need both -devel packages
installed at once.

I believe this is incorrect.  devel packages are supposed to be multilib
installable.  There's two things that are two files that conflict above and
there's two different fixes for each.

I'm happy to be wrong :), but is this documented anywhere? That's why I
thought the opposite was the case, I couldn't find anything to this
effect in the packaging documentation when I was starting out.

Well, I know it is documented that file conflicts are never allowed, ever, at all w/o an explicit conflicts: in the spec file.

-sv