Re: yum-presto not on by default

Jonathan Dieter wrote:
Tried it and it works correctly for both directions (old rpm gzip, new
rpm xz and vice versa).

 This would mean that drpms on rawhide will still suck upto F12, but I
could live with that :).
 I assume we don't do F11 => F12 drpms?

 On the other side of it, does anyone have any stats. on how much was
saved by using Xz instead of bzip2? -- Ie. what we'd lose if we did a
mass rebuild.

Here's one I came across:
http://fedoratux.blogspot.com/2009/05/xz-compression.html

Jonathan
The article also hints at our problem. We ARE doing the compression on the end user side. So the compression is costing us 3 minutes to save 24 megabytes of transmission. This actually slows things down for most broadband users.