Re: perl-Mail-:SPF should obsolete perl-Mail-SPF-Query

On 09/22/2009 05:06 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:
I'm not objecting to perl-Mail-SPF-Query being blocked from Rawhide and
marked as a dead package, given its maintainer's consent. I am, however,
curious as to just why you've singled out this particular package out of
the myriad of legacy code that's in the distribution and doing no harm.
Or is there some big issue with it that I'm not aware of?

I'm also not sure about the merits of having perl-Mail-SPF obsolete
perl-Mail-SPF-Query. Why do we need to remove something from users'
systems that (a) they may be actually using, and (b) does not in any way
conflict or cause problems for the upgraded distribution?

At some future date (F-13), perl will upgrade and all modules will need to be rebuilt. I can have it obsolete only the current version-release of perl-Mail-SPF-Query, so if somebody makes a newer build later (outside of Fedora) it will not be obsoleted.

Warren