Re: PROPOSAL: Core size reduction "bug day"

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, David Nielsen wrote:

As everyone probably knows a few days ago a suggestion was brought up
that we start moving none essential stuff like KDE, XFce and a lot of
the other duplication into Extras in order to reduce the size of Core.

I'm hereby proposing we hold a bug day on IRC, Saturday the 31th to
debate the possibility of such an action and which programs to move in
that is the case.

So far people have express a desire to move:
KDE

As far as I'm concerned / In my opinion / yada-yada-yada...

Removing KDE form CORE would relegate it to second-class citizien (which many KDE users already perceive it to be under Fedora). This would be a deal-breaker, and would result in many folks switching distros. In short, don't even think about it.

-- Rex