Re: Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Adam Jackson said the following on 08/06/2009 11:30 AM Pacific Time:
On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 15:15 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DisplayPort

I updated this a few days ago.  I guess it's still not good enough to be
called a feature?  I really don't know how much more testing
instructions I need to provide, and it seems disingenuous to call it
"100%" when there's almost certainly bugs remaining and hardware we
don't support right.

But if this is just a "feature" for the sake of release notes, then
sure, drop it from the list.

- ajax

Historically we have tracked the percentage as "percentage of development work/implementation completed." Features are expected to be "complete enough" (testable) by Feature Freeze. The idea being that the implementation is done (100%) or close to done going into the Alpha (previously the Beta) and tested during the test releases.

I'm sorry there has been so much confusion this release cycle. As far as I can tell in the conversations I've had with the Feature Wrangler we are handling things the same was we have since we started this process. If the Feature Wrangler is being inconsistent or deviating from the set policy, please let me know so I can pass that on to him ;-)

John