Re: new to list, first post

Frank Murphy wrote:
On 30/07/09 15:30, wdepli@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am new to this list, and I am looking forward to hearing the discussion.

--snip--

Is Fedora really gaining that much ground with every bi-yearly release to
justify that pace?

There is talk, just talk at the moment, for and ELC:
Wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Extended_Life_Cycle
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-July/msg00253.html

After all Red Hat is not a desktop but a server,
As stated, Fedora is not Red Hat.

Thanks for the links.

It is apparent from reading all these great howdy-dos to my post, that there is a great difference of opinion on exactly what Fedora is.

As I said, it will be interesting to see what goes on here. I got 86 emails today. What I am hearing is some serious dogmatism and a tone that is angrily defensive over assumptions that simply are not true.

I think this list is very likely a zoo, but I will keep an open mind.

 right?  And Chrome could
kill current races to find a desktop to compete with Windows. So why not concentrate on what Red Hat/Fedora does best? Let Ubuntu grind out Gnome
and KDE enhancements.  How often does Solaris release desktop distros?

Fedora has it's followers, and this one is happy to stick with it.