Re: new to list, first post

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 10:30 -0400, wdepli@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

After all Red Hat is not a desktop but a server, right?

Not entirely, no (it can perfectly well be used as a desktop, and is
used this way extensively internally at RH, for instance). There's even
a specific desktop version (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop).

And besides, Fedora is not Red Hat. :)

And Chrome could
kill current races to find a desktop to compete with Windows.

That seems like a rather defeatist attitude! I for one don't intend to
roll over and let Google replace Microsoft as the tech world's incumbent
dully evil monopoly.

Whatever!  Microsoft and Intel have been striving for years to throttle the idea that 'all I need is a browser.'  Do what you want, but I would not put it past Google to have the huevos  to finally get that idea some serious play.