Re: Testing libsatsolver on Fedora

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Michael Schroeder<mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 01:57:56PM -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
>> On 07/29/2009 06:37 AM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
>> > seems like it doesn't
>> >   have write access to /var/cache/solv. Please chown the directory
>> >   to your uid.
>>
>> When I do that (or run under sudo) solv segfaults on me.  f11, x86_64.
>>
>>   http://fpaste.org/paste/20289
>
> By coincidence I stumbled over the same bug yesterday. The
> repository code could not handle repositories where the filelist
> contains no absolute files. This was the case for kde-testing-all,
> as it contains only src rpms. Now fixed.
>
> I also fixed the "no repomd.xml file" bug, it didn't occur to
> me that the mirrorlist/metalink responses can also contain yum's
> $releasever/$basearch macros. Solv now supports this.
>
>> The RPM depends on gpg2 - which I --nodeps'ed away.  I have gnupg2 -
>> assuming that's the same?
>
> Me bad, gpg2 is the suse name. I now use gnupg2 when building
> for fedora. Version 0.14.4 should have all fixes.
>
> Thanks for testing!

Ok. But these tests, or other, are something you  could do done this
alone already , I am sure. I would not want to repeat myself, but IF
YOU WOULD REALLY have a larger  user base larger ypu have to  publish
your work as a independent project. Otherwise I can not find correct,
pesonal opion anyway, to ask other distro OSS as Fedora to try your
project and also report their result. But YMMV, as eveyone else.

Best Regards