Re: Against what do I file this bug?

S.A. Hartsuiker wrote:
On 07/15/2009 01:24 AM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
S.A. Hartsuiker wrote:
Now for my problem. Although Anaconda installed grub in the bootsector
of the fakeraid mirrored device, I never actually get to a grub prompt,
it just loads the kernel.

Um... do you mean that grub loads the latest kernel without pausing to
ask if that's what you want? Because as I understand that is intended
behavior with F11 (with F10 already, I want to say). Hold some key
during boot to get the grub menu (ctrl works well, being unused by most
BIOS's).

Ok, this is a pebkac. Apparently it's just a very short timeout now.

In theory the timeout is "0" :-). Or I suppose, "only as long as it takes to poll the keyboard to see if a key is pressed".

(In case you are wondering, the reason was to further reduce boot time. You can of course edit grub.conf to have an actual timeout, if you prefer.)

Keeping a key pressed after POST, but before I see any mention of grub
seems to work.

Right, this is what you're supposed to do :-). (Or even start holding a key during POST works, which is why I suggested ctrl as something that POST will ignore, and that grub will only pay attention to as far as "oh, you want to see the menu".)

--
Matthew
<insert bad pun... on second thought, better not>