Re: NVR bugs in rawhide

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:21:13AM +0200, Daniel Mach wrote:
I found 375 possibly wrong NVRs in rawhide.
Can you check it an fix it, please?
I'd like to file bugs for those which won't get fixed in couple weeks.

Short explanation of detected errors follows:

Release doesn't contain a %dist tag.
- %dist is missing in Release: in spec
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Using_the_.25.7B.3Fdist.7D_Tag

The guideline you refer to says "if you wish to use a single spec file...".
So I don't see why not using %dist would be a bug if you don't wish to do
that.

	Jakub
Right, %dist is not mandatory in Fedora.
But Fedora is upstream for RHEL and we'll probably consider this as a bug in RHEL once we import some Fedora packages.
I think it's better to fix it upstream rather than do our local fixes.

Why we do it? For example, you can't push a rpm signed with two different keys to Spacewalk channels (which happens when you use per-release signing keys).
Therefore we have to make difference between NVRs and add %dist.

I'll discuss possible Fedora NVR policy changes with spot.

- daniel

--
Daniel Mach <dmach@xxxxxxxxxx>
Release Engineering, Red Hat