Re: Possible packages...

On 07/09/2009 02:31 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
On Monday 06 July 2009 10:49:31 Eric Sandeen wrote:
Nathanael Noblet wrote:
On Jul 5, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
..
Well their python run script checks for its dependancies, and if not
met will do a svn checkout of the right copy, however, they don't keep
copies of the libraries within their own repository. So if you fulfill
all its dependancies that shouldn't be an issue.
Ah, ok - maybe that was it.

Currently, it looks like it still requires its own builds of a few
things.

Stuff (apparently) not in Fedora:
-pydirector

Yeah I don't think this is in fedora

-PyKerberos (might just be named something slightly different)

I thought this was I could be wrong though.

Stuff in Fedora, but simply not used for whatever reason:
-vobject (we have python-vobject)
-pyflakes

I thought they were used if found... I'd have to look at the run file to see if they ignore the system versions..

Stuff in Fedora, but still heavily patched for CalendarServer:
-Twisted (the web2 portion, specifically)
-xattr ("requires Bob Ippolito's implementation")

I've got it using the fedora version of xattr I think, and didn't notice the patches to Twisted...

That said, I have it up and running on an F11 host at home right now,
satisfying everything else w/Fedora packages.

Yeah same here.