Re: an update to automake-1.11?

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

Hi.

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:04:31 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my last post. You two need to take this
offlist, or simply let this thread stop by agreeing to disagree. This
is the last friendly warning I'm giving before triggering the "hall
monitor"/"moderation" policies.

While you may argue that this discussion does not lead anywhere, and
you may even be right, the tone of the discussion is definitely technical
and civil in my book.

It was rapidly becoming less and less civil. Accusations of intellectual dishonesty and constantly repeating back and forth the same arguments are not going to keep it civil.

Additionally, it was not necessarily civil to everyone else if only b/c of the massive volume of mail it was generating that is being delivered to everyone but only involving two people.

It was time for that thread to be taken off list.

-sv