Re: rawhide report: 20090702 changes

Adam Williamson wrote:
I'm not sure how distributable the KJV is or isnt'

It's been out of copyright for some little time, now. Probably.(*)

* Of course, one could potentially make some quite interesting legal
arguments about the author credit, and whether said author counts as
'living' within the terms of copyright laws that grant copyright during
the lifetime of the author...

I think it's safe to assume that the Author grants permission to redistribute ;-). (In fact, I'm pretty sure I could make an argument that that's explicitly granted...)

Permission to modify, on the other hand...

(To be clear, I'm just trying to amuse folks, not argue that KJV should be included in Fedora. At the least, I /would/ argue that we'd have to allow other religious texts if we allow any, but I generally agree it's better not to start down that slope.)

--
Matthew
It is training and experience that gives us the ability to abstract problems, remain objective, use previous knowledge, interact with users, and herd cats.