Re: Gnome image viewers

Panu Matilainen wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 12:45, Warren Togami wrote:

Louis Garcia wrote:

Why are there two image viewers for gnome. Eog and gthumb basically do
the same thing. I personally like gthumb as eog ui can use some work. As
I understand eog is used as a bonobo component for nautilus to display
images in the nautilus window. Why can't we just move the bonobo
component to gthumb and kill eog?

In my experience gthumb seems to be less buggy than eog, especially in printing of large graphics. eog seems to intermittently lockup during printing or exhibit other weird behavior... while gthumb at least works. This is true of latest rawhide too...

In my experience, and just verified by looking what eog does nowadays
(==not much), eog and gthumb cannot be even compared. Gthumb is what I
call an image viewer application, eog is a dumb "open this one image for
me" application. If you ask me, eog as an image viewer application is 2
megabytes of wasted diskspace. Ok since it's used by nautilus then
that's a justification for it's existence but can we please throw it out
of the menu and replace it with gthumb as the default "Image Viewer"
application?

- Panu -

Totally in agreement, can we make gthumb default instead of eog for FC3?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx