Re: What I HATE about F11

On 06/14/2009 11:35 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 22:19 -0400, Charles Butterfield wrote:
<snip>
      * Root gdm login - gets harder every release - SHAME ON YOU root
        nazis!
You can always init 3, login as root and startx if you *really need*
graphical root login (or use su in gnome-terminal or whatever gui
terminal is your favourite). I think that disabling root login in gdm is
fairly good security measure for noobs coming windows while experienced
administrators still know what to do if they need it. But I've never
really needed gui root login for the 4 past years I've been using Fedora
linux.
To be honest, I like the Ubuntu way of adding a sudoers entry for the first user that gets created. I find it a satisfactory middle ground between "no GUI login as root" and "I want to be able to exercise my right to shoot myself in the foot!"