Re: Signing server? (Re: Updates testing for F-11)

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> IMO this is something we should discuss on this list. We need to find a
> fine balance between pushing updates in time to make maintainers happy
> and not too many updates for the users. Maybe something like
> security/urgent updates daily, everything else once or twice a week. But
> this needs further discussion.

I don't see what it buys our users if they get one big update over 2 small
ones. Plus, it'd require us to distinguish urgent vs. not urgent updates,
and causes big issues with urgent updates accidentally depending on
non-urgent ones. We should just push updates as frequently as possible,
nobody forces our users to check for updates daily if they don't want to
update that often. I personally have KPackageKit configured to check for
updates hourly and I'd be happy with several pushes a day.

        Kevin Kofler