Re: the end of life for flash player (HTML5)

2009/6/4 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>
Unfortunately, as much as I'd like that to be true, at this point it's
mostly just wishful thinking. :-(

Maybe, but there are real business reasons for investigating such alternatives.

But HTML 5 with patent-free codecs is clearly the solution we should all
fight for! (But hardcoded checks for only Firefox aren't!)

Yes, and the most  popular patent encumbered format will soon no longer be free for online content distributors (according to http://www.mpegla.com/avc/AVC_TermsSummary.pdf, the free ride will end on 31 December 2010). That should IMO create some momentum to move to other formats, as a per title cost could be prohibitively high.