Re: Youth Protection: Was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Paul Wouters wrote:

Only include flags in the Everything repo? Never on the install media?

Though it seems rather silly to me. Would we also not allow little flags
to show language preferences (eg french canadian vs american english)?

If one people's republic does not like the other people's republic flags,
they can re-spin their own?

Paul
ps. The really interesting question is: If a Fedora DVD image contains a
   US flag, can you still burn it? :)

I don't know where people have gotten the idea that burning a US flag is illegal. It's not. It's been found to be protected speech repeatedly.

Defacing a flag is an act of protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, as established in Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), and reaffirmed in U.S. v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310 (1990).

It's also off-topic from this thread, I think.
-sv