Re: Keyboard mapping characters with both shift keys

Mat Booth wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's the expected results of Left_Shift + Right_Shift + Any Key?

I have tried Left_Shift + Right_Shift + each individual key combination of
QWERTY keyboard in text editor (e.g. gedit) and got the following results:

~!@#$%^&*()_+
QWERUIOP|
ASDFGHJKL:"
BN?

If you notice, there are many English alphabets not being displayed. e.g.
Left_Shift + Right_Shift + t = <nothing> , same for y, z, x, c, v and m
keys.

Is this a correct behavior?

Curiously, you can observe the same behaviour in Windows. Is this a
limitation of the keyboards themselves, perhaps?

Indeed, "showkey -s" does not show any scan codes being emitted for some
keys while both the left and right shift keys are held down.  I see this
behavior for qwerty7890-= keys with my keyboard.

                Do NOT delete it.