Re: removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

Logical, but then so is the other view - the user asked us to remove pkgs X Y and Z. This means remove all things depending on them, too.

Right, however in this case NetworkManager-gnome, gstreamer-ffmpeg, gedit.. What KDE package requires those? Or are you meaning since I want KDE group gone remove all packages in the group including dependancies on packages in that group is more logical than leaving packages needed by other groups?

I guess I can see both cases, so this would be a good place for an option --leave-packages-required-by-other-groups ;) That's not a hard parameter to remember AT ALL... :D

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

So then... um brings me back full circle, is this an issue worth filing something about, or is it expected behaviour/known issue that one day will change whenever the underlying tools gain that ability and I can patiently wait for that day?

I'm happy either way. I was just surprised to see a NetworkManager-gnome in the KDE desktop group... since I installed it to see what 4.x was like and then didn't like a million new apps in my menu so want... anyway who cares why. Do I leave enough alone, or file a bug/feature request with my wonderfully conceived new flag/parameter for groupremove. I'm sure it'll be so loved it'll make the front page of slashdot... ;)

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613