Re: RFC: Fedora 11 FAQ

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 09:12:42PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/01/2009 08:56 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi,

I have posted a draft of the Fedora 11 FAQ at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_FAQ

Feel free to edit the wiki if you want to highlight anything else or
drop me a mail and I will add them.
It's nicely written, but it seems like a bit of an awkward document in
conception - somewhere between Release Notes and Errata and a general
Fedora (not really Fedora 11) FAQ. Couldn't we somehow reconcile it with
some of the other release documentation to avoid duplication of effort?
In the past, such release specific FAQ's have often been very helpful in
addressing the repeatedly asked questions. I can't anticipate the FAQ's
so the initial seed information tends to be a bit more generic. I cross
reference existing documentation such as release notes to avoid
duplication where possible.

I see places where that's not done, the 'alsamixer' workaround among
them.
IMO the alsamixer/pulseaudio section lacks any description of what to users are supposed to do to get their issues fixed.

Ralf