Re: RFE: Makefile.common patch to error out when no spec is present

On 04/27/2009 03:07 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Monday 27 April 2009 04:54:56 pm Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:15:27 +0200
Karsten Hopp<karsten@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

...snip...

This should fix builds from a single-distribution CVS tree which you
can check out p.e. with 'cvs co F-11'. This broke one year ago with
Makefile.common cvs release 1.95 as those changes didn't consider the
different directory layout for the single-distribution CVS tree (p.e.
it is .../vim/F-11 for the complete checkout but .../F-11/vim when
you check out just one single distribution)
Hum. I can't do a 'cvs co F-11' anymore... how do you get that part
working?

(I thought we broke that in trying to make the cvs modules file scale
to the number of packages we have).

we disabled vhecking out  release modules, it was causing a huge slowdown in
cvs actions.  you can check out devel still i think but that is all.

I think checking out release modules still needs to be possible. If that means we need to use a read-only mirror to facilitate this, I'd be okay with it, but not being able to check out a tree is a pretty bad regression that I just ran into. For the record, it would make doing moz security updates much more scriptable as I don't need to rely on people telling me when their packages need to be added/dropped to the auto rebuilds.