Re: Open source and diagramming survey

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 16:27:10 -0700,
  chung@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>                                        Your participation is anonymous
> (unless you consent to have us contact you)
>
> Here is the survey address.
>
> https://secure.engr.oregonstate.edu/limesurvey/58564/lang-en

That doesn't look too anonymous to me. Why is it that survey takers always
say their surveys are anonymous, but don't actually provide anonymity.

Just say that you won't be collecting names or contact information and leave
it at that.

If you want to provide real anonymity, advertise a tor hidden service
(http://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en).
Even then the answers to your questions may still enable people to identify
someone (or limit the subjects to a small group) after the fact, depending on
the questions.