F10: something broken with lvm

We just upgraded a number of machines to F10 and after a few weeks I've noticed something wrong with lvm. Some of our inhouse scripts are breaking that deal with lvm. When I look at /etc/fstab and mount I see entries what used to look like:
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /                      ext3    defaults        1 1
getting changed to this:
/dev/dm-3   /                     ext3   defaults      1 1

Where does this '/dev/dm-3' device come from? I don't find it referenced in any of the lvm tool outputs. Whatever caused this change to happen please revert this back to just listing lv's in normal lvm parlance please. These mysterious changes are breaking things and are a complete nuisance. How do we go about undoing these changes and how do we prevent this from happening again?

Regards,
Gerry