Re: PackageKit and Presto

On 04/19/2009 01:50 AM, drago01 wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Martin Sourada
<martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,

Fedora 11 is probably going to see two great improvements to our updates
system - the PackageKit one makes the updates much more verbose and the
Presto one saves a lot of bandwith. The problem is that PackageKit does
not know about presto and thus showing download progress for Presto
enabled repos is broken. Yesterday I was waiting about 10 minutes before
anything other than "Downloading packages" appeared and even then,
packages fetched via Presto weren't marked as downloaded.

So I though I'd ask. Is anyone working on this? Should I expect it to be
working at F11 GA?

If presto is going to be enabled by default this must be fixed before
GA, please file a bug and mark it as blocker.

Please don't abuse the blocker bugs. This is certainly not a blocker per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria