Re: yum downloading packages change

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Mike Chambers wrote:

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 18:30 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
Now it seems, that it shows each package being downloaded (as in I guess
it's copying over the package from wherever to local dir (a cached temp
dir or something?)) and then installing?  Even if that is what is going
on, it still seems like a much longer process then before.

Just seeing what is going on or reporting a problem if it is? Hope I am
explaining that correctly LOL

The behavior change was an attempt to fix a different bug.  This change
is being reverted and a different attempt is being made at fixing the
original bug.

And I see the change has already taken place, as of right now am doing
an update and notice it's back to how it was (or close anyway).

LOL guess if I had done and update before that email I would had
answered my own question.

If you're using yum from absolutely latest koji (as of today) then yes, it's been reverted.
-sv