Re: Looking for reviews swaps

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:29:03 +0200, Ralf wrote:

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 18:56:09 +0200, Ralf wrote:

Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi All,

I've just packaged this cool recently set free old style
adventure game drascula, including music and subtitles
in French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Well I am reading this in drascula-music's readme.txt:

 > 3) You may not charge a fee for the game itself. This includes
 > reselling the
 > game as an individual item.

Sounds like a "non-free" package to me.
 2) You may charge a reasonable copying fee for this archive, and may
distribute it in aggregate as part of a larger and possibly commercial software
distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk).
== you may distribute it as part of Fedora.

No, as part of "a larger and possibly commercial software distribution".

IMO, this "license" is self contradicting => Likely illegal and likely void.

The clause I cited, restricts commercial use of the SW itself. One of the basic freedoms of open source software.

It's content, not code.

Any content is also "source"-code at the same time. It's a matter of use-case. It's essentially the same thing as fonts, images etc. In this case it's "audio artworks."

In this case, their license doen't allow reusing their sources outside of their framework => their "art work" is non-free,

=> package must not be in Fedora.