Re: Monodevelop 2.0 & Mono 2.4 for F10?

2009/4/5 Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

>         > I don't know about the concrete plans of the Mono team, but
>         I think they
>         > wont go for it in Fedora 10 because 11 releases in less than
>         two months.
>
>         MD 2.0 is out there for rawhide with 1.9.1 being looked at for
>         f10
>         updates testing.
>
>         2.4 is a sticking point as it's constantly falling over on
>         koji for ppc
>         builds. It's been reported upstream, but nothing much is
>         happening over
>         on that :-(
>
> You could block it on PPC and file a bug which our talented the PPC
> arch team can help you resolve. I don't assume you have hardware to
> test or knowledge about the platform to solve the problem so it seems
> like an acceptable bandaid for Fedora here and now.

Looks like I'll have to do that then - not the best solution though :-(

Agreed but as always, patches are welcome and if not to assist package maintainers like yourself with issues like this I can't think of a more perfect use for our arch teams. The wiki has documentation on the correct way to leverage these fine peoples expertise btw.

- David