Re: Fedora Core 3

Alan Cox wrote:

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:57:23PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

John Mizell wrote:

We currently do not have a video editing app included.
Now that firewire support is enabled again I would
like to Kino http://kino.schirmacher.de/ included.

With all of the licensing problems with video *players* I doubt the editors will have any better chances...

We have theora now so all may not be lost

Just looked it up, and yes it looks very promising.

So the next step is getting codecs on windows so that your average Joe DVD Rip windows user (currently whatever high percentage you want to believe of the market) can start entering the market and make more people want the codec, and then the snow ball keeps getting bigger.

Blue Skies!